Native to Nashville, Gray Line Tennessee has been the local transportation and sightseeing expert in our city for more than four decades. Our company started with local sightseeing all around Nashville – the Home of Country Music. Over the years, we have stayed in tune with our local roots and traditions, even as the size of our hometown and our business has grown. Nashville is known by many names: “Athens of the South”, “The Music City”, and the “IT City”. While our company name has changed, we are still known for one thing – genuine hospitality.
It all began in 1973. when brothers Chris and Dennis Levering each started a local sightseeing business that served the hotels and motels of the city. After a few years, the brothers combined forces and named the new company Country and Western Tours, which was one of the first major sightseeing companies around. Growth was rapid and steady, and in 1988, the company became a Gray Line licensee – Gray Line of Nashville was born.
Over the next 30 years, helped by the meteoric rise in the popularity of Country Music and the strength of Gray Line’s global leadership in sightseeing, the company started by two brothers giving tours in station wagons is now the premier transportation, hospitality services and sightseeing company in the region, with over 200 vehicles in the fleet and nearly 400 employees dedicated to providing safe. authentic and professional service. We currently operate five distinct businesses, all of which are oriented toward safety, quality and customer service.
We currently operate five distinct businesses, all of which are oriented toward safety, quality and customer service.
- Private Charter Transportation Services – Our fleet of Prevost Motor Coaches is unmatched in size. age and amenities.
- Black Car Services – From four-door luxury sedans to 24-passenger limo buses, we help our clients arrive in comfort and style.
- Sightseeing and Tourism – Including the Music City Hop, the Nashville City Tour on an open-air double-decker bus, and a variety of sightseeing tours that feature the city’s music, history and food scenes.
- Public Transportation – On behalf of the Regional Transportation Authority of Middle Tennessee, we operate 36 routes a day, serving commuters from surrounding counties.
- School Bus Transportation – Providing trusted transportation to approximately 3,500 students at 12 public charter schools each day.
It has been a great run, and we are only getting started. At Gray Line Tennessee, we strive to embrace a culture of excellence that is built around developing elite drivers, offering the highest quality fleet and maintaining a tireless commitment to safety. We will always honor the Company’s proud local history and heritage, and we will passionately uphold the reputation of our global brands and affiliations. We are proud of our local roots, proud of our company heritage, and proud of our city.
We know transportation. We know Nashville.