Full and Part-time Nashville Tour Guides
- Nashville, TN
- Full-Time or Part-Time
Would you like to have a career where you love coming to work and get to meet people from all over the world? Do you love Nashville, history and music and enjoy talking about it? If so, you should join Gray Line of Tennessee and become a Nashville Tour Guide!
Gray Line of Tennessee, Nashville’s premiere tour and transportation Company, is recruiting Nashville Tour Guides for Double Decker sightseeing buses!
We are looking for candidates with a positive and friendly personality, people who want to provide the best tour of Nashville and we are willing to train you!
You would be a double decker bus tour guide on one of our open air double decker buses giving our customers an entertaining, accurate and informative commentary of Nashville. It is hard work, but also so much fun, sharing your passion of Nashville with many tourists from around the world.
Successful applicants will need to be highly articulate, possess character and have great people skills. If you have these attributes then previous experience isn’t essential as full training will be given.
Have you got what it takes to become a Double Decker Bus tour guide?
- Enthusiastic about Nashville
- Great presentation skills
The Tour Guide’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Entertaining guests by narrating a partially scripted sightseeing tour up to 5 times daily of approximately 1hour and 30 minutes each in duration.
- Presenting historically accurate information in an entertaining manner of Nashville and Tennessee
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Tour Guide Skills & Knowledge
- Duties include but are not limited to narrating by memory and verbally conducting sightseeing tours of Nashville up to 5 times daily of approximately 1 and 30 minutes each in duration.
- Ability to learn and memorize scripted tours and routes as assigned. Guides must study and memorize official training guide for tour and present in an entertaining, accurate and information manner.
- Ability to learn and know historical and musical facts about Nashville and Tennessee.
- Ability to continuously update information to give a proper and current tour with a solid knowledge of Nashville, daily events and major tourist attractions
- Ability to communicate effectively with public speaking skills and speak for long periods of time
Tour Guide Abilities:
- Must have ability to work on a Double Decker bus and conduct tours on top level of buses in all types of weather
- Ability to monitor safety for passengers aboard a Double Decker bus in all types of weather and traffic
- Must be aware of all safety procedures for employees and passengers to become familiar with passenger safety for Double Decker buses.
- Must be able to board and exit the double decker bus and assist guests boarding and exiting.
- Ability to check tickets, sell tickets on board Double Decker bus and complete end of day paperwork for tickets sold
- Ability to follow written and oral instructions as required
- Ability to be reliable, punctual and timely for daily work shifts and daily tours.
- Ability to handle stressful situations and difficult people both in person while maintaining a professional and pleasant demeanor.
- Must be a team player, working with dispatch, CSRs, bus drivers, management, etc.
- Shall be able to work evenings, weekends and some holidays.
- Shall be able to read, write and speak fluent English in order to communicate with coworkers, the general public, law enforcement and emergency personnel.
- Must be able to walk up and down inner staircase of bus to board on and off passengers
- Must wear prescribed tour guide uniform and look professional while on work shift.
- High School Graduate or Equivalent is required
- Interest in history is helpful
- Interest in Nashville is required
- Prior performance experience is helpful
Gray Line Benefits:
- Competitive Wages
- Full Benefits Package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Short and Long Term Disability, and more.
- Paid Vacation
- Discounts in retail stores and free tickets to local attractions.
Hourly pay rate DOE + gratuities. Paid training.
FT eligible for benefits package, paid vacation. Uniforms furnished.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
All applicants must pass a clean criminal background and pre-employment drug screen.
Must be legally authorized to work in the USA